Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Blog Analysis

Template: For my blog I wanted to choose a style that represented my personality and the things that interest me.  Although this mostly functions as a class assignment, I still wanted to put my best efforts in to make it something I was proud of.  I chose an irregular sea-foam green background because out of all the sample templates I looked through, this was the color I liked the best.  But I didn't just want to take the easy way out and use a sample template, so for the title I added a little of my own pizazz.  I uploaded a picture from one of the concerts I attended over the summer.  I cropped it so all that's really visible is a piece of the funky light show that went on in the background, and I think the result was very cool.  I wanted the font to reflect my personality as well: fun, but serious when necessary.  I think the font I chose shows the light, happy side to my blog, but won't be out of place if I choose to write a more serious post.

Title: The title of my blog, Quirky Confessional, shows the goofy side to my personality.  I think of myself as a quirky, fun loving teenager who is always joking around, being sarcastic, and tries to have a good time any chance she gets. The confessional aspect shows that I plan to be completely honest on this blog.  I hope that I will get the opportunity to write my own opinions and share my own ideas with the blogosphere. If you didn't know, a confessional is the little office-y box inside a church that you go in to confess your sins to the priest.  In many ways, I look at this blog as a way for me to confess my innermost thoughts to the public, whether that only be the students in my class required to read my posts, or other curious internet dwellers that happen to stop by.

Pages: For efficiency when navigating my blog, I created pages.  So far I have an "About Me" page, that I created to give my readers a brief introduction to the author, and a "Home" page where all of my future posts will reside. In my "About Me" page, I made my age and school clear, but didn't give many other details about myself.  This blog is not meant to be about me, but about the things I find interesting (and of course the things my teacher asks me to write about).  I don't want my readers to focus on the author.  I want my posts to get them thinking about the subjects, and help them to reach their own conclusions about the topic.


So far, I really like my blog.  It's simple, not too flashy, but still fun and interesting.  I think that it reflects my personality well, and will continue to do so as I add more posts and pictures to the home page.  I wasn't expecting it to be very difficult to create a blog, but I didn't realize just how many components are necessary to make one that reflects the author and the meaning he/she is trying to convey. I hope the experience of forming this blog will help me to grow as a writer, help me come out of my shell, and help me share my insights with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment